Friday, August 24, 2012

Results

I've posted on Facebook that the biopsy results came back and everything is fine.  I wanted to write a short blog too because not everyone has Facebook.

It's been a strange week.  I've been thinking about life and death and suffering more than usual.  I think when you face these types of things it brings those things into focus more.  You just can't not think about the 'what ifs' in life.  I felt more annoyed by the whole experience than anything else - just because I didn't like the lack of control that I was facing.  I didn't really have a choice of whether I wanted to deal with it or not.  I had to.  I couldn't avoid it and that made me pretty mad deep down inside.  I wanted to 'write my own ending' but just couldn't.  I had to wait and worry and wonder with no control over the outcome.

Thankfully my outcome was good.  I would be writing a completely different blog if it wasn't.  I would be facing a whole different set of circumstances and questions and fears.  I can't help but think about those who have the opposite outcome from their biopsies and pray for them as they deal with their questions and fears.  I know God.  I know He will be with me through anything.  Maybe they don't.  Maybe they feel completely alone and terrified.  I pray that they come to know Him and His awesome love and comfort through their experience.  I pray that God puts people in their paths to love and care for them and show them His love in very real and tangible ways.

I truly appreciate your prayers and concern for me through my big 'what if' these past few weeks.  I know that this whole experience was more bearable and less scary because of those who love me and showed their care for me.  I am very grateful.  Thank you!

Psalm 94:18-19When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment